This is a tricky question. There are hundreds of brands of pet foods to choose from. Are you sure your brand of pet food is a good one? By law, all pet food manufacturers have to provide contact information on their packaging. Contact your pet food manufacturer and ask the following 7 questions. If they cannot answer these questions, consider switching to a better brand.
- Do you have a Veterinary Nutritionist or some equivalent on staff in your company? Are they available for consultation or questions?
- Who formulates your diets and what are their credentials?
- Which of your diets is AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) feed trial tested? Which of your diets have had AAFCO nutritional analyzation?
- Where are your diets produced and manufactured? Can this plant be visited?
- What specific quality control measures do you use to assure the consistency and quality of your product line?
- Can you provide a complete product nutrient analysis, including digestibility values?
- Can you give me the caloric value per can or cup of your diets?
- Please contact our hospital if you have any questions about what diet to feed your pet!